Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Book Review: 'Into a Million Pieces' by Angela Cook

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, unfortunately I didn't have the time throughout exams to pick it up and read it but I'm so glad I was able to read it now. 

'Into a Million Pieces' is a YA book which tells the story of two twins who happen to be succubi. This basically means that they have been blessed with perfect looks which can turn any man to mush, but they have been cursed with the inability to kiss or have sex with any men without potentially killing them or draining their life energy meaning that their 'victim' will be passed out in bed for the next few days. One of the twins, Jade, doesn't take any notice of this and is following the path her mother took before her: flirting with each and every man within a 5 mile radius and kissing plenty along the way. The twins' mother died when this addiction became too much for her. The other twin, Allison, is very very different, she disguises her perfect body and glowing skin with black clothes, and lots of black eyeliner and lipstick. Although most of the school think she is a freak, things get interesting when Ren Fisher starts paying her a little attention. 

This book had me hooked firstly because the whole succubus subject is not one I had actually ever heard of before, let alone read about. But it is also really interesting to see two completely different ways of dealing with this curse in the form of the two twins. Angela writes in a way that is so teenage and believeable that you could easily be reading a young adult best seller. I really formed a bond with Allison who I didn't really get to begin with just like everyone else at her school, and this meant I was so invested in the book as a whole! This being said, I would have loved a few chapters from Jade's point of view which would have been really interesting as the plot develops... (hint hint, spoiler alert)

I can be totally honest when I say I thoroughly enjoyed this, even more so because it isn't a big flashy book that every blogger/magazine/tv show has read already. It was such a privilege to read something so good that was just sent to little old me, I can't wait to see what else Angela comes up with because I'm sure it will be just as great if not better.

So if you are looking for something to read that is just completely different, give 'Into a Million Pieces' a go! And if you do, or have done already I would love to hear what you thought in the comments :) 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig